Find out what SaaS is and why it makes sense for nonprofits.
What is FastFund Online SaaS for Nonprofits?
Software as a Service (SaaS) is a pay-for-use or subscription based software platform delivered through a web-based application. It is commonly referred to software in running in the cloud.
The biggest benefit of SaaS for nonprofits is lower cost of entry. With SaaS, you pay for what you need, without having to buy hardware to host your new applications. You pay as you go so to speak. You will always have a clear idea of costs involved. There are no IT expenses. The SaaS vendor is responsible for upgrades, uptime and security. With SaaS, you can work anywhere. Since the software is hosted in the cloud, it is accessible over the interest and users can access from mobile devices and Mac and PC desktop computers.
How SaaS Benefits Nonprofits
- Little upfront investment – Pay as you go and cancel any time.
- Reliable cost forecasting – Fixed costs and no sudden increases.
- No extras required – Maintenance and upgrades are built into the monthly cost. The nonprofit does not need to hire IT staff or buy expensive hardware.
- Up-to-Date Technology – Ongoing technology is provided.
- Security and reliability – Data is more secure that on premiss. Best of all, data is backed up daily and additional services like virus protection and data encryption are added security features.
- Remote Access – Software is accessed over the internet and available everywhere.
- Scalability – As nonprofits grow, SaaS offers the ability to easily add functionality and applications in a cost effective way.
SaaS is the most affordable, accessible and secure solution on the market today. With it’s low cost of entry, SaaS makes sense for nonprofits of all sizes.